Number of Positions:
On-Going Till Filled
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Full – Time, Permanent
IIT Academy is accepting resumes for full-time, part-time and on-call (supply teachers) qualified and experienced teachers including French.
The ideal candidate will possess a vision of excellence in instruction and a commitment to students’ academic success;
- The ability to provide on-line and/or face-to-face instruction to IIT students.
- Utilizes the approved Ontario curriculum. Develops clearly stated course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current and updated.
- Keeps accurate classroom records.
- Meets deadlines, evaluates student work and gives feedback in a timely manner.
- Teaching experience
- Ability to plan for, and teach all elementary grade levels
- Certification and/or mastery of the subject/s for upper elementary grades
- Ontario Certified Teacher qualification
- Excellent communication skills; can relate to students, other faculty and admin staff, and board members
- Good technical and computer skills
- Experience with Google Classroom (asset)
- Ability to work within a team with integrity, enthusiasm, initiative, and confidence
- Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on compassion, patience, and professionalism