Job Opportunity – Office Administrator
The Islamic Institute of Toronto is seeking a collaborative, innovative individual to join its Team in this entry-level position. As the Office Administrator you will report to the Chairman of IIT and will provide administrative and secretarial support to the Islamic Institute of Toronto and the IIT Academy – Elementary School.
- Provide day to day operational support to the Principal of IIT Academy, Board of Directors and scholars of IIT;
- Adhere to customer service standards that reflects the IIT’s commitment to its donors, the school community and the general public;
- Manage the day to day office operations of the IIT Academy, ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures and maintain an accurate record of students;
- Assess the needs of customers and provide timely information concerning the services, procedures, and guidelines of the IIT;
- Handle requests and transactions, or direct the matter or person to the appropriate personnel;
- Assist in resolving problems and complaints raised by unsatisfied members of the school community or the general public;
- Process applications or forms to ensure completeness and accuracy – including the maintenance of a waiting list; the annual requirements of the Ministry of Education processing of Ontario Student Records
- Use personal computer and office software applications, including Microsoft Office or similar applications, email, and file management tools
- Operate standard office equipment such as fax machines and printers
- Perform data gathering and research activities and provide reports or summaries of information collected
- Prepare or maintain reports of records and information management requirements
- Receive, review and process mail, e-mails, fax and other correspondence
- Responsible for departmental supplies and inventories, including tracking order status
- File documents; develop and modify filing practices – this includes the usage of electronic records
- Coordinate and organize IIT Academy activities and functions like meetings; schedule, obtain use of rooms, and set up the rooms and equipment to be used.
- Manage the schedule of consultations with scholars for spiritual counselling
- Serving as the liaison and go-to person for general information;
- Offering visitors general support as required.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate, with a college diploma in business administration or a related discipline, should possess relevant experience in a private, public or not for profit organization, including:
- Past proven work as office secretary, office administrative or related position
- Knowledge of various office management procedures and systems
- Demonstrated excellence in:
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing work
- Attention to details
- Written and verbal communication
- Planning and Organizing
- Microsoft Office and other productivity software
- Customer service
Knowledge of basic accounting and website maintenance will be an asset.
Please submit a covering letter and resume addressed to Br. Fareed Amin via email at email@example.com by September 7, 2020.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.