Finance Officer (Permanent Position)
The Islamic Institute of Toronto (IIT) is seeking a competent, collaborative, innovative individual to join its Team. As the Finance Officer you will provide financial and other administrative support to the Institute.
- Provide day to day financial support to the Principal and the Chair of the Board of Directors;
- Plan and prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting and financial reporting, forecasting, entries and reconciliation;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the IIT and the IIT Academy;
- Manage the IIT’s staff payroll functions;
- Manage financial contributions and the issuance of receipts;
- Process invoices on a timely basis;
- Develop and administer robust financial processes to ensure the veracity and security of financial transactions;
- Provide customer service to clients;
- Resolve financial disputes raised by donors, IIT Academy partners and suppliers;
- Support the Treasurer and Board of Directors with projects and tasks when required;
- Maintain accurate financial records to protect the financial integrity of the IIT;
- Ensure financial compliance with CRA and other governmental requirements to protect and strengthen the IIT’s charitable designation;
- Liaise with the IIT Donor community to build relations and support the financial sustainability of the Institute;
- Monitor opportunities to access government and other grant possibilities to enhance the services provided by the IIT;
- Other financial duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree/college diploma in business or financial administration or a related discipline and/or relevant experience in a private, public or not for profit organization, including
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and best practices
- Experience using financial and accounting software, including QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Strong customer service and people skills
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit a covering letter and resume to email@example.com by May 31. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
IIT Academy is accepting resumes for full-time, part-time and on-call qualified and experienced teachers including French. The ideal candidate will possess a vision of excellence in instruction and a commitment to students’ academic success.
The ability to provide on-line and/or face-to-face instruction to IIT students.
Utilizes the approved curriculum. Develops clearly stated course objectives and learning outcomes.
Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current and updated.
Keeps accurate classroom records.
Meets deadlines, evaluates student work and gives feedback in a timely manner.
Ability to plan for, and teach all elementary grade levels
Certification and/or mastery of the subject/s for upper elementary grades
Ontario Certified Teacher qualification
Excellent communication skills; can relate to students, other faculty and admin staff, and board members
Good technical and computer skills
Experience with Google Classroom (asset)
Ability to work within a team with integrity, enthusiasm, initiative, and confidence
Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on compassion, patience, and professionalism
Please submit a covering letter and resume addressed to Br. Fareed Amin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: January, March and September of 2021. Please indicate your preferred start date, and preferred grade and subject.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.