Seniors Circle - Supporting Seniors at Home
Seniors Circle – Supporting Seniors at Home is an ongoing program dedicated to the well being of the senior members of our community. To join please call the IIT at 416-335-9173 and then press 5. Please leave us your name and contact information and we will return your call inshaAllah.
This program includes the following
- Connecting seniors with services and resources for empowerment
- Weekly check-in calls from our volunteers to make sure they are okay
- Weekly spiritual reminder and discussions with our beloved teacher, Shaikh Abdool Hamid
ON GOING WEEKLY
PHONE & ONLINE
Shaikh Abdool Hamid has a B.A. in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Madinah, specializing in Hadith Studies.
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is also the spiritual guide for the IIT Hajj group which takes more than 75 Hujjaj every year to Makkah.
He also presents a bi-weekly Tafseer session at the IIT on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
Shaikh Abdool Hamid is married and has six children. He lives in Toronto, Canada.
- Born in Guyana, South America
- Graduated from Madina University; specialized in Hadith Studies
- Currently a resident scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto
- Serves as an Islamic Counsellor with the Islamic Social Services and Resource Association (Toronto).
- Regular Khateeb and lecturer at several prominent mosques in and around Toronto
- Arabic Language Certificate Program
- Science of the Qur’an
- Science of Hadith; Hadith methodology
- Fiqh of Ibaadaat (Salaah, Zakah, Hajj, Fasting)
- Seerah of the Prophet
- Lives of the Khulafaa ar Rashidoon
- Inheritance Laws
- Qur’an Memorization and Tajweed