Hajj 1441 (2020): Registration OPEN
- Spiritual leader: Shaikh Abdool Hamid
- Departure from Toronto: July 23
- $14,540 CAD (quad occupancy)
$15,340 CAD (triple occupancy)
$16,440 CAD (double occupancy)
- Anwar Al Madinah Movenpick Hotel (Madinah): July 25 – July 28 : (3 nights)
- Dar El Salam Apartment Hotel (Aziziyah): July 28 – July 29: (1 night)
- Manasik of Hajj (Mena, Arafat, Muzdalifah, Mena): July 29 – August 3: (5 nights)
- Dar El Salam Apartment Hotel (Aziziyah): August 3 – 4 : (1 night)
- Fairmont Royal Clock Tower (Makkah): August 4 – August 9/10 (5/6 nights)**
- Jeddah: Depart for Toronto: August 9/10**a
- Arrival in Toronto: August 10/11**
**Subject to seat confirmation by airline – expected in February, insha’Allah
Every year we organise a hajj group as a service to the community, on a non-profit basis. Our objective is to ensure that the manasik of hajj are performed in accordance with the authentic teachings of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
If you wish to perform hajj, you must register right away. Spots cannot be held, and registration will be done on a first-come, first-served basis. REGISTRATION CLOSES MARCH 15, or as soon as all spots are gone.
To register, please submit:
1. IIT hajj registration form
2. Dar el Salam Travel Terms & Conditions (review carefully and submit last page only, signed & dated)
3. Draft for $3,500/person (payable to payable to ‘Dar El Salam Travel’ (21-5160 Explorer Drive, Mississauga, ON, L4W 4T7)
4. Photocopy of passport (ID pages only)
5. Two passport pictures (name written legibly on reverse)
If your passport is expiring prior to Feb. 28 2021, it must be renewed for hajj. In this case, submit a photocopy of your expiring passport’s ID pages when registering, with a note indicating that it is being renewed.
If you will NOT be using a Canadian passport, contact us before registering. Some passports, even with a valid PR Card, may not be approved by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
MAIL OR DELIVER TO
Islamic Institute Of Toronto
1630 Neilson Road
Scarborough, ON M1X 1S3
*Can also be contacted via WhatsApp
|Jan. 12, 11 am||General hajj info. session (open to all)|
|Jan. 26, 11 am||General hajj info. session (open to all)|
|Feb. 9, 11 am||General hajj info. session (open to all)|
|Feb. 16||Second deposit ($3,500CAD/person) due|
|Feb. 23, 11 am||General hajj info. session (open to all)|
|Mar. 15||Registration closes|
|Apr. 26||All outstanding balances/documents due|
|Apr. 26, 11 am||Inoculation clinic & notarisation of documents|
|Jun. 21, 11:30 am||Dar El Salam Hajj Seminar
(covering logistics/administration of Hajj)
Lunch provided. Facilitator: Br Azhar Zaidi
|Jul. 5, 11 am||Manasik of hajj class
Mandatory for all IIT Hujjaj
|Jul. 12, 11 am||Preparing for departure session|
|Jul. 23||Depart from Toronto|
|Aug. 10/11||Arrive in Toronto|
|Sep. 5, 5 pm||‘Welcome back hujjaj’ dinner|
Seminar and Class
Members of the IIT’s hajj group are required to attend all seminars.
|Inoculation clinic & notarisation of documents
– collection of all outstanding documents
– health & wellness presentation
– For sisters travelling without a Mahram:
* the Mahram permission letter must be notarised
* the Mahram must be present, with valid photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport)
* the marriage certificate (and death certificate for widows) must be brought to the session
11:30 am – 4 pm
|Dar El Salam administrative session: ‘Preparing for Hajj’ – (lunch provided)|
|Preparing for departure session|
Class: Jul. 5, 11 am
The hajj class is required for the IIT’s hajj group, and is open to all Dar El Salam hujjaj in the GTA. Others are also welcome to attend, for a fee of $30/person.
|Objective||This course provides an understanding of hajj, the fifth pillar of Islam and the once-in-a-lifetime obligation on Muslims. At the end of the course, participants will have a greater appreciation of the importance, excellence and prerequisites of the pilgrimage and will gain practical knowledge of how to perform the rituals (manasik) of hajj.|
Recordings and Resources
Details on the 2021 hajj program are not yet available.
If you are interested in performing hajj, please complete the hajj 2021 intention form and we will contact you as soon as there is any news.
Please note that submitting this form does not register you for hajj. What it means is that you will be informed of all hajj program developments, and will have the first opportuntity to enroll once registration begins.