If you’re a youth and passionate about leadership, we have a Training Program for you!
Introducing the IIT Leaders in Training Program – Summer 2019
The Leaders in Training Program will provide youth age 16-22 the opportunity to develop leadership skills, including effective communication, problem solving and planning skills through workshops and hands-on experience planning and executing programs for summer camp participants. The program will admit a limited number of youth who demonstrate interest in
community development, are willing to take initiative and demonstrate creative spirit and a positive attitude.
How participants qualify for the program:
- You must be 16 -22 years old at the start of the program.
- You must have previous work or volunteer experience within a community setting, preferably at IIT.
- Your resume and cover letter should demonstrate leadership qualities
- You must be successful at an in-person interview at the Islamic Institute of Toronto.
- You must be available for the full duration of the program – either Module 1 or Module 2 (8:30 am – 4:30 p.m.):
- Module 1: July 2nd to July 19th
- Module 2: July 22nd – August 9th
- You must be available to attend a training program on June 25th (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
What participants will receive upon successful completion of the program:
- A Certificate of Participation in the Youth Leadership Training Program
- Access to attending 3 of 6 field trips as a group leader
- A letter of recommendation
- Volunteer Hours
- An opportunity to develop friendship and bond with others in the program
How to Apply
- Send a cover letter describing your interest in the program and why you will benefit from it
- Send your resume showing your academic achievements and involvement in any leadership activities
- Send your Resume and Cover Letter vi email to email@example.com before June 1, 2019