IIT Academy is accepting resumes for full-time, part-time and on-call (supply teachers) qualified and experienced teachers including French. The ideal candidate will possess a vision of excellence in instruction and a commitment to students’ academic success;
- The ability to provide on-line and/or face-to-face instruction to IIT students.
- Utilizes the approved Ontario curriculum. Develops clearly stated course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Ensures the objectives and content of the courses taught are current and updated.
- Keeps accurate classroom records.
- Meets deadlines, evaluates student work and gives feedback in a timely manner.
- Teaching experience
- Ability to plan for, and teach all elementary grade levels
- Certification and/or mastery of the subject/s for upper elementary grades
- Ontario Certified Teacher qualification
- Excellent communication skills; can relate to students, other faculty and admin staff, and board members
- Good technical and computer skills
- Experience with Google Classroom (asset)
- Ability to work within a team with integrity, enthusiasm, initiative, and confidence
- Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on compassion, patience, and professionalism
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Br. Fareed Amin via email at email@example.com
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
Start Date: New Academic Year 2021-2022
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Finance Officer (Permanent Position)
The Islamic Institute of Toronto (IIT) is seeking a competent, collaborative, innovative individual to join its Team. As the Finance Officer you will provide financial and other administrative support to the Institute.
- Provide day to day financial support to the Principal and the Chair of the Board of Directors;
- Plan and prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting and financial reporting, forecasting, entries and reconciliation;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the IIT and the IIT Academy;
- Manage the IIT’s staff payroll functions;
- Manage financial contributions and the issuance of receipts;
- Process invoices on a timely basis;
- Develop and administer robust financial processes to ensure the veracity and security of financial transactions;
- Provide customer service to clients;
- Resolve financial disputes raised by donors, IIT Academy partners and suppliers;
- Support the Treasurer and Board of Directors with projects and tasks when required;
- Maintain accurate financial records to protect the financial integrity of the IIT;
- Ensure financial compliance with CRA and other governmental requirements to protect and strengthen the IIT’s charitable designation;
- Liaise with the IIT Donor community to build relations and support the financial sustainability of the Institute;
- Monitor opportunities to access government and other grant possibilities to enhance the services provided by the IIT;
- Other financial duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree/college diploma in business or financial administration or a related discipline and/or relevant experience in a private, public or not for profit organization, including
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and best practices
- Experience using financial and accounting software, including QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Strong customer service and people skills
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.